Medical University of South Carolina
This prestigious academic research institution has access to 1,200,000 patients. It receives hundreds of inbound clinical trial feasibility survey requests from pharma sponsors and CROs every day.
The Challenge: Academic Research Center
- Feasibility analysis team lacked transparency into trial performance data across footprint of 500 physician investigators, 1400+ clinical trials completed, and 250+ active trials
- No ability to gauge past trial success or failures, current physician investigator expertise, or study team bandwidth
- Trial selection and start-up process was tied to research staff’s memory and cumbersome spreadsheets
- System not scalable or efficient; no ability to provide crucial KPIs to institutional leadership
The Need: Performance Data Transparency
- Devana Solutions’ common cloud-based platform for research opportunities and collaborations, office of clinical research
- A standardized, automated process for organizing historic, active trial data and managing inbound feasibility requests, study start-up workflows and milestones
- Ability to capture and analyze historic and real-time trial performance metrics for improved feasibility and trial selection
The Outcome: Better Data. Better Decisions.
- Within 12 weeks of system deployment, the office of clinical research had access to organized, transparent trial performance data, and standardized workflows for feasibility analysis and trial investigator selection
- Key performance metrics were easy to access, analyze and report on in real time, including patient enrollment, contract met percentage, current study stage, and completed startup milestones and turnaround time
- Trial performance transparency led to increased trial volume across entire institution—now 600 Investigators, 300+ active clinical trials, 1700+historic completed trials